A brief history of Halcyon Proteins a family owned and operated specialty food ingredient manufacturer.
In 1946 the Company is founded by David Strong who developed in the family garden shed, the protein extracts still produced to this day.
Encouraged and mentored by Dr Howard Strong then the General Manager of ICIANZ Chloralkali group and later chairman of Albright and Wilson. David Strong with his brother Mark built the first manufacturing plant in Sandringham Melbourne Australia.
Products originally manufactured were Mono Sodium Glutamate , Sodium Caseinate, Vegetable Protein Extracts and polishing compounds.
"The factory" in 1946 - literally the backyard shed
Howard Strong surveying the Sandringham site
The drying unit turns up at Sandringham site
Drying unit installed at Sandringham Plant
Halcyon Proteins' plant at George Street Sandringham
Construction starts at Dandenong site
Today, we manufacture and supply a large range of food ingredients including vegetable protein extract, soya sauce, yeast extract and malt extract powders.